Who to call if you or a family or friend are experiencing psychosis or other mental health problems in Powys

In Powys, should you feel that you or a family or friend are experiencing symptoms of psychosis or are experiencing other mental health problems then the first port of call would be your GP. Please contact them to arrange an appointment and they will then refer you to an appropriate service to support you. If you need to contact somebody outside of GP hours, then please contact the out of hours service on 111 who can also make referrals.

It is not possible to use a single medicine to treat cancer and not get side effects, which is why you need several medications. It is essential that vivanza kaufen a doctor should monitor the patient for adverse effects. The drug should be administered in a timely fashion so that the infection can be controlled.

It's up to you to decide which of the methods above is right for you. Proteins are made up of a molecule of large chains, such as actin, myosin, or histone, linked by small https://solerehair.com.br/93399-cialis-20-mg-prezzo-in-farmacia-catania-italia-75937/ peptide bonds to form a chain of amino acids. Here is how they have revolutionized medical care.

Mental Health services available in Powys

In Powys, the Early Intervention in Psychosis Service is in development and should be available in 2019. At present psychosis and other mental health conditions are treated in the Community Mental Health Centres which offer multidisciplinary support to all clients accessing their services.

In an emergency:

  • If you or a family or friend are experiencing a medical emergency including significant self-harm, then please call an ambulance on 999.
  • If the person is behaving in a way that is dangerous to themselves or others then please contact the police on 999
  • If the person is not agreeing to see the GP yet shows serious symptoms that do not warrant police or ambulance intervention then a relative can ask for a mental health act assessment through social services on 0845 0544 847

Alternative services available in Powys

PAVO (network or organisations in Powys)

The Mental Health Information and Participation Team provide information and support to anyone working or living in Powys.

The team provides a mental health information service that can be accessed 5 days a week between 9am and 5pm. The staff in the team will endeavour to answer any questions that you might have about mental health and the activities and services in Powys.

You can access the latest mental health information on their website. On here you will find a diary of events, the latest news, information, project updates and opportunities for people to get involved in shaping mental health services.

You can also access their mental health blog here, or you can sign up for the bi-monthly e-bulletin by contacting jackie.newey@pavo.org.uk or by calling 01686 628 300.

PAVO – 01597 822 191

Samaritans helpline – 0845 90 90 90

C.A.L.L (Community Advice & Listening line) helpline – 0800 132 737 or text ‘help’ to 81066

North Powys specific alternatives

Kaleidoscope (Drug and alcohol service)
Provides a wide range of services that support people & families affected by substance use

Address: Severn House, Severn Square, Newtown SY16 2AG
Phone: 01686 601422

Pont Hafren (associated-registered charity)
Catering for people who experience mental health issues, those who may be socially isolated or excluded, or those who may just wish to make new friends or gain new skills.

The Association offers centres where people can relax, chat and have a chance to participate in a wide range of workshops, activities and courses if they wish. In-house support is available and the association can signpost to other organisations and specialist support services.

Contact addresses:

Ponthafren Association, Longbridge Street, Newtown, Powys SY16 2DY
Phone: 01686 621586 or 07807 286815


The Enterprise Centre, 42 Broad Street, Welshpool, Powys, SY21 7RR
Phone: 01938 552770

South Powys specific alternatives

Provides a wide range of services that support people and their families affected by substance use.

Phone: 01686 207 111

MIND is a part of the voluntary sector and provides services that complement those provided by other statutory and voluntary agencies. They offer a wide range of healthy activities, courses and workshops designed to support and empower people experiencing mental distress to move towards recovery.


Llandrindod Wells: Crescent Chambers, South Crescent, Llandrindod Wells
Phone: 01597 842 916


Brecon: Ty Croeso, St Davids House, Brecon LD3 7B
Phone: 01874 611 529